Mark your calendars because February 5 is World Nutella Day. This year’s celebration is already bigger than ever as Nutella held a contest in search of the Chief Nutella Ambassador. Now it gets even sweeter – Nutella® has partnered with lifestyle guru Brit Morin and her team at Brit + Co. to bring you 3 delicious new Nutella recipes:
Have you ever loved something so much you thought it deserved a holiday? An American blogger named Sara Rosso did. That’s why she founded World Nutella Day on February 5, 2007.
And Nutella fans loved it! They came together to celebrate their passion for Nutella on social media through photos, recipes, poems, and messages. From Italy to Australia to the Americas, World Nutella Day has since become a global phenomenon with people sharing and spreading the wonder of Nutella at home, work, and school; in their communities off- and online; with family, friends, and fellow fans everywhere.
In 2015, Sara transferred World Nutella Day to Ferrero (the makers of Nutella) to help it live on and grow for years to come. So for 2016, we searched for a new Chief Nutella Ambassador—someone with Sara’s delicious devotion—to help us lead the fans for this upcoming World Nutella Day.
3 New Nutella Recipes to Celebrate #WorldNutellaDay
From Brit Morin and the team at Brit + Co.
Nutella® Breakfast Pizza
– 1 pound ready-to-bake pizza dough
– 1 stick salted butter, melted
– Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll your pizza dough into a 12-inch round. Place on baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool.
- Spread Nutella® over pizza crust. Top with bananas, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!
Nutella® Pancake Kebabs
– 1 cup pancake mix
– 2/3 cup water
- In a large bowl, fold together pancake mix and water. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Use a tablespoon to make mini pancakes. Flip the pancakes when the edges start to brown. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Top one mini pancake with Nutella® and sandwich it between another pancake. Repeat until you’ve made all of your pancake sandos.
- Put one strawberry on a skewer. Add a pancake sandwich. Top with a pineapple slice and a kiwi slice. Add another pancake sandwich. Finish your skewer off with another strawberry. Enjoy!
Nutella® French Toast Sandwiches
– 1 loaf challah bread
– 4 eggs
– 1 1/4 cups whole milk
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon vanilla
– Sliced almonds
– Maple syrup
- Slice your challah bread. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Dip each piece of challah bread into the batter. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add a few pieces of toast. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden. Repeat with remaining pieces of toast.
- Spread Nutella® on one piece of French toast. Top with sliced almonds and another piece of French toast. Serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!