This is a sponsored post brought to you from Smart911.com. Either way I only post things I feel my followers can use.
National Preparedness Month
Are you ready for an emergency? I wasn’t until last year my daughter had to do a National Preparedness project for school. She had a whole packet of some really important questions that need to be answered but something we just do not talk about until it is too late. Smart911 also brought up some questions that I did not think about so this is a really important service and it is FREE.
Let’s discuss 3 things that will help you to get a discussion going with your family so you all will be safer if something should happen.
Create an emergency kit. Below are recommendation from Ready.gov.
- Water – You will need 1 gallon for each person for at least 3 days. Also don’t forget any pets.
- Food – You will need a 3 day supply of nonperishable food. If putting cans in do not forget the manual can opener.
- Radio – Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both.
- Flashlight(s) – Don’t forget the extra batteries.
- First Aid Kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust Mask, Plastic Sheeting, and Duct Tape
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
You can download a complete list for a recommended emergency kit from FEMA HERE.
Establish a communication plan.
This one is something that people do not realize how important it is until it is needed.
- In case of a fire – where will you meet, away from any danger, so everyone knows who is missing.
- Contact information if an emergency occurs and you need to contact them wherever they are.
- Contact information of someone who everyone can contact, in another town or state, in case of a major disaster. Everyone needs the phone number and needs to let this person know where they are.
Signing up for Smart911.
- Gives emergency personnel immediate information on age, medical issues, pictures of everyone in the home.
- It’s FREE! No charge for this wonderful useful site!
- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
- Only site that I am aware of that does this great service!
- It is the Smart thing to do!
Download the National Safety Month Guide brought to you by Smart911.com