I was so excited to find out that Among Friends in right here in Michigan, Ann Arbor to be exact. Two Michigan Moms, Suzie Miller and Lizann Anderson, got together and created Among Friends. They were eating Suzie’s homemade cookies and got together to come up with a way to make Suzie’s delicious cookies dense with nutrition without sacrificing great taste.
Their mixes help busy families to have homemade treats without a big hassle. Their line of gluten-free baking mixes includes gooey fudge brownies, crunchy fruit crisp granola, Darcy’s Delish Old-Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookie, along with lots more.
They know firsthand about healthy cookies that taste like cardboard. Lizann has three boys and the middle one, Shane, sniffs everything before he eats it. She knew if she made a cookie that passed his taste buds, that would be the an accomplishment. Shane will eat as many Suzie Q. cookies as she can keep in the jar, so now they just forget to tell him the benefits of eating them now with whole grains in them.
This is the package I received in the mail. Shane’s Molasses Ginger Cookie Mix. We love cookies in our home and molasses is one of my personal favorites. I was looking forward to trying these on a weekend we did not have to go anyplace.
Well the day I had to get some running around done, my husband and daughter decided to make the cookies. The 2 granddaughters were here so it sounded like a great idea to him.
So as you can see there are zero pictures of cookies. Why? Because hubby and the kids ate them and left me 1/2 of a cookie by the time I got home. I was not happy!
But I loved the cookie! It was really good! The molasses and ginger were really unique but very good.
I wanted to share some ideas for the holidays they sent me –
- Exclusively at Kroger stores, new Papa Tom’s Perfect Pancake and Waffle Mix—made with whole grain, gluten-free with a hint of cinnamon—is perfect for holiday breakfasts and brunches.
- Sprinkle red and green sugar crystals or sprinkles on ANY cookie, and it immediately becomes a holiday cookie.
- Smash peppermint ice cream between two gooey Darcy’s Delish Old-Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whip up a batch of “reindeer pops” with Liv’ it Up Chocolate Cake Mix or CJs Double Chocolate Cookies. Insert a few candy cane “antlers” and a candy corn nose.
- Add green M&Ms to the Phil ‘Em Up Chocolate Cranberry cookies, and you have red and green deliciousness.
- Use the gingerbread man cookie cutter with Shane’s Molasses Ginger Cookie mix. Voila!
Among Friends mixes show their desire to share their baked goods with other discriminating palates. Their goal is simple: they want to help people fill their kitchens with fresh-from-the-oven baked goods made from the best ingredients. Their mixes make baking easy for people on those days when treats from scratch are impractical. We all have those days. Their name tells it all. Each of their baking mixes is handcrafted for friends and named for someone they love, a friend or family member.
Follow them to stay up on their latest.