This post contains affiliate links if clicked on I may receive a small commission to support this blog.
Everyone Needs The Motorola Talkabout T480 For Emergencies
We have either seen or watched on television the recent natural disasters. If everyone had the Motorola Talkabout T480 it could have helped them get through this a little easier. I am truly amazed at everything that these radios do. They are built tough, I think I might let my hubby use these for hunting. Ok, not really, he snatched these up and cannot wait to use them for everyday and hunting.
With its plugged-in, always-on connectivity and instant communication, the Talkabout™ T480 keeps you and your family ready for emergency situations. Even if the power is out or cell phone towers are down, your radio will be charged and ready to go, so that you can get weather alerts and communicate with your community.
- The Talkabout T480 has a built-in FM radio. Change to the FM radio mode and listen to your favorite music or news.
- The wall/desk stand is easy to use and keeps the charger cable neatly tucked away. The stand bottom opens and you can roll in the rest of the cable, resulting in no tangling wire.
- The built-in LED flashlight gives you peace-of-mind during evening adventures, unexpected emergencies or power outages. The flashlight also automatically turns on during a blackout and when unplugged, so you always have light during an emergency.
- This radio has a built-in LED light, which offers emergency lighting when needed.
- Quiet Charge allows you to charge the radio and turn off calls. You will still receive weather and emergency alerts, so you don’t miss important information.
- With the IP54 weatherproof design, the radio withstands the effects of rain, snow and other weather conditions.
- With 22 channels and 121 privacy codes, totaling 2,662 combinations, it is easy to find an available channel.
- Keep updated with real-time weather conditions by turning on the weather channel or initiating weather alerts.
- Press the emergency alert button, and the radio will transmit an alert siren followed by spoken or incidental sounds. This will allow others to know that you have an impending danger.
- There are two ways to power your radio. You can use NiMH rechargeable batteries included for up to 10 hours. Or use 3 AA batteries on the go for up to 26 hours.
- There are three ways to charge the NiMH rechargeable batteries. You can connect it to your vehicle adaptor or your computer, or plug the micro-USB cable into an outlet.
- Push-To-Talk (PTT) power boost allows you to extend the transmission range by increasing the transmitter power output. It also saves battery life when no power boost is necessary.
- Up to 35-mile range
- Weight (with battery) 0.43 lbs.
We lose power a lot at our house, not sure why. But with these we can know whether there are any storms to worry about. During the winter this will be great! The southern states can really use these right now and in the future.
As you can see these radios are built tough and you do not have to worry about batteries. Included are the rechargeable batteries.
The clip is sturdy and will last a long time. As you can see it also has a good size speaker so hearing will not be a problem. The left picture shows the radio in its base, so no wires to worry about not hooking up correctly, just set it inside and you will always be charged.
This is a better picture of the base. It is easy to hang right on the wall so it will not clutter up the counters.
Want to learn more about Motorola Solutions?
I received this product to give my honest opinion.