This post contains affiliate links that I may receive a small commission to help support this site.
The Himalayan Salt Shop was founded in 2005 by Ernest Gaglione in the basement of a two family house in Bloomfield, NJ. Originally, Ernest had to lug his heavy inventory up and down steep basement stairs as he personally shipped each customer’s order. As his company grew through hard work and perseverance, Ernest reached the point where he could afford a small office space in Parsippany, NJ. Ernest continued to expand by employing a fulfillment center to help with the shipping of orders.
Today the Himalayan Salt Shop is one of the biggest internet retailers of authentic Himalayan salt crystal products. They also wholesale their products to businesses across the country.
- These lamps are made of natural crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains
- The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
- This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
- Heat from the bulb (in our lamps) or flame (in our candle holders) causes the salt to emit negative ions
- These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
- Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation
- In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home
- Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of these products
- Concisely, these products cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful
This all arrives in a box safe and sound. My husband put the light in but I could have done it, it is super easy. It weighs quite a bit so you are probably not going to want to move this around a lot.
This is what it looks like on the inside before the light goes in.
This is from the very top.
Here is the view of it standing up.
Now isn’t this beautiful! Since it is good for us I do not mind having this on all the time. This helps with the air-borne pollutants so it is great for Desiree’s allergies. I love all the different shapes these come in. Check them out on the Himalayan Salt Shop website.
Visit and follow them!