Holiday Hair Tutorial – Antique Head Crown
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Looking for a holiday hair style that is elegant but different? Try this Antique Head Crown style complements of our friends atMadison Reed.
How to Create a Stunning Antique Head Crown Hair Style
1. With your hair in a center part, take a one-by-two inch section at the front and braid. Repeat this on the other side.
2. Lift up a section of hair from the crown of your head. Gently back comb (comb down on hair towards head) to build volume.
3. Smooth the backcombed section back and secure your braids with bobby pins.
4. Attach a dramatic hair accessory where the first braid is pinned.
5. Attach the accessory to the other braid. Let the piece rest gently into your curls.
6. Get creative with the beautiful pieces you own, like necklaces, brooches, and more. This look was made with a jacket closure discovered years ago at an estate sale, and it has gained new life as a hair accessory.
Even the simplest of styles can be dramatic with a little extra sparkle. Give your hair that extra shine every day with Madison Reed Radiant Color Kit or the new semi-permanent Color Reviving Gloss. Madison Reed’s hair color is better for you and better for your hair as it contains no harsh chemicals like PPD or ammonia. Find your perfect hair color now!