How To Keep Positive During The Holidays!
The holidays can be stressful and busy. The winter we can all get down and just want to walk around in our loose-fitting sweatpants and curl up and go to sleep. How do all these people keep positive during the holidays?
- Go look in the mirror each morning and say “Today is going to be a great day”! Start out positive each morning. Smile!!
- Get clothing ready the night before. Have a schedule for the mornings and evenings. Stay on this schedule of getting clothing ready for the next day, even on weekends.
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night and again try your best to stick to a schedule.
- Get out of those loose fitting clothes and buy yourself a present! Buy underwear, including bras like Knix, that fit properly but are still comfortable. Don’t buy loose clothing, buy things that make you look and feel good about yourself and fit right.
- Do some of your holiday shopping online. During lunches alone you can get a lot of things from you list, and possible cheaper. Use sites like Ebates that not only have coupons for a lot of sites, they also give you money back on purchases, even when you pick them up in the store.
- Go outside and enjoy the sunshine. The Vitamin D you get from the sun will make you feel better and give you more energy. Even when it is cold outside try to get some sunshine on your face so your body can absorb it.
- Exercise – Keep up with your exercise plan. If you don”t exercise, start, evenly slowly. Don’t go and buy all the special equipment that ends up being a coat hanger. Use some plans you can use with things around your home.
- Listen to music. Get into the holiday season with seasonal music or if you have heard enough of holiday music change stations listen to pop music, change to classical, or listen to oldies.
- You have to change your attitude about the get-togethers for the holidays. Look forward to updating people on your family, don’t forget the pictures, tell them how you have improved your life, share something funny that happened over the last year.
- Show off your cooking by either making something that is there to impress or find a cookbook and make something cute or just delicious! There are a lot of resources online that have great, easy ideas.
- Talk to someone, your friends may have more suggestions that will help you.
- Remember this is only once a year and each year someone new will be there. Relax and enjoy the holiday season!