How to Make Your Friend Feel Special on Their Birthday
If there were ever a day to make someone feel special, it would be their birthday. We all deserve at least one day a year to feel like we’re the most special person in our circle. If you have a friend with a birthday coming up, you may be wracking your brain to determine the best gift for them.
In some cases, the best gift may not even be a physical gift. The best way to get them something that they’ll love is to think of what could make them feel special. As you plan for a friend’s birthday, consider these following ways you could celebrate their unique day:
- Celebrate them with a delivery of their favorite snack. Whether your friend loves sweets and you give them a delivery of birthday cookies or they would prefer vegan snacks, a great way for anyone to start their day is through the gift of a snack, delivered straight to their door.
- Surprise them with a get-together with close friends. After a year of many of our favorite places being closed, you may find an outing to a favorite restaurant or even just a get-together at one of your friend’s homes can be the ideal way to spend time as a friend group to celebrate a birthday, as well as the “return to normal.”
- Gift a trip. If you are unable to see your friend on their birthday, you may be feeling a tad guilty about not being present. You can bet that a trip will help them forget that you were unable to be there on their birthday. Perhaps your friend has a destination they’ve been hoping to see—you could book a trip for the two of you if you can both get away at the same time.
- “Deliver” special gifts throughout the day. A fun way to surprise a friend on their birthday is to have various gifts delivered throughout the day. Obviously, for this surprise, you may need to get a number of people involved to plan out the “drop-offs.” What’s better than one surprise gift? Multiple gifts!
- Book a spa session. Everyone needs some time to relax, and what could be better than getting a great massage on your birthday? Perhaps they’ve been talking about getting their favorite facial but haven’t gotten around to booking one. Do it for them and watch them smile! Everybody should have an occasional spa day.
- Have an outdoor picnic. Maybe you have your vaccines but are trying to play it safe for now. With an outdoor picnic, you and your friends can all celebrate the birthday person while maintaining distance in the outdoors—a safer way to be together yet also a fabulous way to enjoy a birthday.
- Get all your friends in on flower deliveries. If you have a friend who loves flowers, you could consider a drop-off of as many bouquets as possible. Can you imagine your friend’s face as they open their door to colors galore on their doorstep? I, for one, would love a an array of flower arrangements for my next birthday.
They say that it’s the thought that counts, and this is true when it’s time to make someone feel special on their birthday. Think about what your friend would love best. Maybe they are unable to take a trip at this time but would love to have a picnic in the park. Or, if they don’t want to socialize just yet, cookies and flowers are great ways to show you’re thinking of them. Whatever you choose, it’s bound to put a smile on their face on their special day!