MOCACuff, a State-of-the-Art Blood Pressure Cuff Worn on the Cuff
MOCACARE (www.mocacare.com), a Silicon Valley based company at the heart of the connected health movement has today expanded its range of advanced, yet super simple, cardiovascular monitoring devices with the launch of MOCACuff, a sleek FDA-approved wireless blood pressure monitor that fits comfortably on the wrist. Priced at $69.99, MOCACuff is designed with style and comfort in mind – avoiding the problems of bulky and difficult to place traditional cuffs worn on the upper arm. Without sacrificing accuracy, MOCACuff makes it easy to incorporate blood pressure monitoring into your everyday routine and receive instant, actionable insights to improve your health.
MOCACuff is the second product in the MOCACARE line. It joins the highly acclaimed MOCAheart device that uses thumb scans to measure heart rate, blood oxygen levels, and pulse wave velocity – a measurement of arterial stiffness that is correlated to blood pressure and widely recognized as one of the best indicators of overall cardiovascular health.
Worn on the Cuff
The beautifully designed MOCACuff allows those looking to proactively monitor or improve existing cardiovascular conditions with a smaller, easier alternative to bulky arm cuffs. Worn on the wrist, it is a suitable option for those who find current cuffs on the upper arm uncomfortable or ill-fitting – one of the most common problems associated with inaccurate or failed readings. Once on, the wrist is brought to heart level and a reading is ready to be performed at the touch-of-a-button. After each reading, the MOCACuff screen displays pulse rate, systolic and diastolic measurements, and a color-coded indicator that corresponds to the American Heart Association’s (AHA) blood pressure categories, allowing users to see where their health stands.
The MOCACARE App is now the first to combine Pulse Wave Velocity and Blood Pressure to manage heart health. Both MOCACuff and MOCAheart devices connect to the MOCACARE App (Android and iOS compatible) to provide an even more intuitive and insightful heart health monitoring experience for users on their smartphone. MOCACuff sets itself apart from other devices by helping users visualize their goals and track progress through the App. In addition, it provides consumers with expertly-curated, personalized health recommendations, which are in accordance with guidelines from the American Heart Association, to achieve their goals. The MOCACARE App also provides customizable data viewing options; either by displaying results as visual trends or in a list format.
- Features of the MOCACARE App include:
- Easy sync – With a single tap of a button, your measurement history is synced wirelessly to your smartphone — helping you organize your health data, track and improve your health trends, and achieve your health goals.
- Heart healthy lifestyle tips – After each measurement, receive actionable insights and tips to improve your heart health. Based on guidelines from the American Heart Association, these tips empower you to take better care of your health.
- Visualize goals and track progress – Making lifestyle changes? See how your health indicators are improving over time.
- Share your results – Get support and motivation from your own cheer squad. The HIPAA compliant chat platform makes sharing health data with doctors and loved ones effortless.
- Multiple users – Allow friends/family to try MOCA devices without disturbing your health trends by removing irregular readings from your measurement history, or create new profiles for other family members.
“At MOCACARE, we’re driven by a goal to simplify heart health monitoring and to make caring for your health an easy, intuitive and reliable experience,” said Naama Stauber, co-founder and COO of MOCACARE. “Like MOCAheart before it, MOCACuff is specifically designed to be as simple as possible for everyone to monitor his or her cardiovascular health. Whether you’re viewing your measurements right away or comparing your results over time, consumers can now take back control of their health without missing a beat.”
MOCACuff is available at www.mocacare.com and is priced at $69.99. Its full range of features include:
- Monitors heart rate and systolic and diastolic measurement
- Display: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
- Cuff size: 5.3~7.7 inches (135~195mm), depending on wrist size
- Cuff weight: 128 +/- 10g
- Unit Dimension (including case): 2.91 x 2.93 x 1.59 inches
- Battery Life: DC 3 V, AAA Alkaline Battery x2, Approx. 250 measurements
- Compatibility: Bluetooth Low Energy (4.0), iOS 8+, Android 4.0.3+
- Supported by the dedicated Android and iOS MOCACARE App
- FDA-approved and CE certified
For further information visit www.mocacare.com
MOCACARE’s mission is to improve the quality of life for its users by creating solutions that bring together the very best in health, technology, science and care. The company’s multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, designers and physicians hail from Stanford, UCSF and California College of the Arts. MOCACARE was established in 2013 and is headquartered in Palo Alto. The company has an engineering center in Taipei and has an international team with members from Israel, Poland, Singapore, India, Taiwan and the United States.