RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON
Experience Never-Before-Seen Bonus Footage and Deleted Scenes when
Raya and the Last Dragon Releases on Digital April 2
and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD May 18
Includes Disney’s New Animated Short, Us Again
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ epic adventure Raya and the Last Dragon arrives on all major digital platforms beginning April 2, and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD beginning May 18. Consumers can enjoy never-before-seen bonus footage and deleted scenes in stunning Ultra HD quality and Dolby Audio.
Long ago, in the fantasy world of Kumandra, humans and dragons lived together in harmony. But when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, those same monsters have returned and it’s up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the last dragon in order to finally stop the Druun for good. However, along her journey, she’ll learn that it’ll take more than dragon magic to save the world—it’s going to take trust as well. From directors Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, co-directors Paul Briggs and John Ripa, producers Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho, and featuring the voices of Kelly Marie Tran as Raya and Awkwafina as Sisu.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon Bonus Features*
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- Us Again – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team–virtually–over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – You’ll get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film…and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
- Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
- Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword, when it used to have magical powers.
- Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
- The Heart of the Dragon – Co-Director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Voice Cast: Kelly Marie Tran as the voice of Raya
Awkwafina as the voice of Sisu
Izaac Wang as the voice of Boun
Gemma Chan as the voice of Namaari
Daniel Dae Kim as the voice of Benja
Benedict Wong as the voice of Tong
Jona Xiao as the voice of Young Namaari
Sandra Oh as the voice of Virana
Thalia Tran as the voice of Little Noi
Lucille Soong as the voice of Dang Hu
Alan Tudyk as the voice of Tuk Tuk
Directors: Don Hall
Carlos López Estrada
Co-Directors: Paul Briggs
Producers: Osnat Shurer, p.g.a.
Peter Del Vecho, p.g.a.
Executive Producers: Jennifer Lee
Screenplay by: Qui Nguyen
Story by: Paul Briggs
Carlos López Estrada
Original Score by: James Newton Howard
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon Product Specifications
Street Date: Digital: April 2
Physical: May 18
Product SKUs: Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Physical: 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (4K UHD™ + Blu-ray™ Feature + Digital Code), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray™ Feature + DVD + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time: 107 minutes
Rating: U.S. Rated PG
Bonus material not rated
Aspect Ratio: Digital: 2.39
U.S. Audio: 4K Ultra HD™: English Dolby Atmos and 2.0 Descriptive Audio, English, Japanese, French and Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray™: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA and 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
U.S. Subtitles: 4K Ultra HD™: English SDH, Spanish, French
Blu-ray™: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, Spanish, French (some platforms)
If you are a blogger and would like to join our gift guides you can find more information HERE.