Size and Style Options for Custom Photo Books
Nowadays, it is easier than ever to create custom photo books. There is lots of software available for free online that you can download on your computer, or that you can use through a photo lab’s website. They offer simple drag and drop functionality, which means you can put your pictures where you like them, edit their style, and more. The only difficulty you may face, however, is choosing how to have the album printed. Because you will be looking at it in a screen size, it can be hard to determine which actual size will look good. Also, since you won’t be physically holding your album until you have ordered it, you won’t know whether the style you’ve chosen looks as good in real life as it does on your screen. Hopefully, the following information will help you make sure you print the album you had hoped for.
Custom Photo Books – Sizes
Generally speaking, your photo book will either be square or rectangular in shape. That said, there are multiple sizes within this. Photo labs will usually have their own specifications, with the most common ones being described below:
- Square albums, which look great for family holidays, pets, babies, and other such themes. The photographs cover a relatively small area, and most people will have a picture a page, unless they choose a bigger size. Medium albums are 10”x10” and large ones 12”x12”.
- Rectangular albums, which are great for weddings, graduations, and other such events. They enable you to showcase large group pictures, and it looks great to add text to these pages as well. A cook book album, for instance, is often rectangular. Small albums are usually 8.5”x11”, medium ones are 11”x15”, and large ones are 11”x17”.
Custom Photo Books – Styles
Most photo labs also allow you to choose different types of covers, which will dictate the style of your album. The most common options are:
- Linen, which is a textile material with long fibers, which give a fabric finish to the album, making it look very luxurious.
- Sleeve wraps, which provide a glossy finish to the cover. They usually use thick laminated paper for this. Generally, you can add photographs to the sleeve as well to further personalize the album, and you can remove the sleeve.
- Image wrap, which provides a matte finish to the cover. You can choose the photograph that is placed on the cover. This is one of the most durable options.
- Bonded leather, which is a matte finish. Leather looks very rich and is both flexible and durable.
- Boned leather with window, which means that the center of the cover will feature a photograph of your choice, which can be seen through the leather cover. Because it is difficult to personalize a leather cover, this is a great option to create something that looks unique.
With this information, you should be able to choose the right album style and size for your needs.