Why a Comfortable Bedroom is a Worthy Investment
When you’re working with a limited budget but want to get started on some home improvement, it can be hard to choose the place where you will first get started. Let us make that decision a little easier for you: your bedroom should come first.
Now, it might seem like there are other competitive contenders – your kitchen is where you make food and entertain, for instance, and the living room is where you tend to spend a lot of time. However, we think that your bedroom should come first. Here are a few reasons why.
Your bedroom is where you start and end your day.
Your bedroom is where you get started in the morning every day, and it’s the place you rest your head in the evening. If you think about it, you spend eight hours at work, eight asleep, and eight doing other things. If you spend even a couple of your extra eight hours in a day in your bedroom, that makes your room the place where you spend the most time in your life! It should be a place that restores you for the next day.
You can invest in making a more comfortable, restorative bedroom by buying the right bedding features. After all, sleep is your body’s time to recuperate from the day’s activities, and making sure you get the best night’s sleep possible should be a priority. Here are some important features to consider when upgrading your sleep setup:
- Quality mattress: Some things you can get away with on the cheap. Mattresses are not one of them. When picking out a mattress, be sure you choose one that is comfortable, supportive, and will last for years. If your mattress needs an upgrade but it’s not in the budget, a reliable mattress topper can be a great solution.
- Fluffy comforter: There are few things in life more comforting and satisfying than pulling a fluffy comforter over yourself when you get into bed at night. You won’t regret investing in a luxurious comforter that’s warm enough for the coldest nights but also keeps your temperature regulated by allowing your skin to breathe.
- Supportive pillow: Did you know that there are different kinds of pillows for different kinds of sleeper? Back sleepers need neck support, side sleepers need extra fluff to keep their heads level with their shoulders, and stomach sleepers need something on the flatter side. Take note of your favored sleep position and be sure your pillow matches your style!
Getting a good night’s rest is always important. However, there are other reasons why your bedroom needs a comfy makeover.
It’s your self-care sanctuary.
At the end of a stressful workday, or even after galivanting about town on the weekend, it’s important to spend some time taking care of yourself. Your bedroom is the perfect place to do this. Free from the distractions of work, and the ideal place to unwind and get yourself in the mood for a healthy night’s sleep, your bedroom is a self-care sanctuary.
What cozy and comforting items you want to keep around is totally up to you and what helps you get relaxed, but some great options include:
- Comfy reading chair: Lots of people find that reading before bed helps them relax and unwind. Plus, having a nightly routine is one of the best ways to get to sleep consistently, and can help those who have trouble catching Zzzz’s.
- White noise: whether you choose a simple fan or invest in a white noise machine, having ambient sound can help lull your mind into a state of relaxation. With so much hustle and bustle in the day, your mind deserves to be calmed by the soft whirring of a fan or the sound of tranquil ocean waves.
- Mindful decorations: having mindful and relaxing décor in your bedroom is an excellent way to help yourself unwind. Try dream catchers, tapestries, and mini Zen rock gardens to get in the mindful mood.
It’s a space that’s totally your own.
Lastly, your bedroom is your space. Unlike the kitchen or living room where you are likely to entertain guests, your bedroom is a place where you can truly be yourself. Whether that means rocking out in front of the mirror in your PJs or marathoning your favorite TV show, your bedroom is the space to be free.
Get yourself in the self-love headspace by getting posters of your favorite bands and TV shows, making the décor totally your own, and releasing your inhibitions! Your bedroom is one of the most important spaces in your life – it only makes sense to invest in making it a comfortable and relaxing space!