Lionsgate and Wargaming partner to offer players of “World of Warships” new “Midway” mission based on upcoming movie
Wargaming and Lionsgate have partnered to promote the new movie “Midway” premiering this weekend. In addition, Wargaming has created a special Midway battle mission in the World of Warships game for players to experience the epic battle. The game can be downloaded for free at: worldofwarships.com/
Key features include:
• More than 30 historical ships that took part in Midway operations are recreated within World of Warships.
• Wargaming created special battle missions to commemorate the Battle of Midway and the movie release, by completing certain tasks within the game, players will be able to try out IJN Kaga and IJN Saipan. The battle missions will run until December 5th.
• All ships are carefully developed based on historical documents and blueprints that were acquired from archives and naval museums.
• World of Warships has more than 300 historical ships representing 11 different nations or geographical areas.
• Timely find: Shipwrecks of WW2 Japanese aircraft carriers IJN Kaga and IJN Akagi that were sunk during the Battle of Midway have been discovered and the discovery was filmed by the RV Petrel crew this October.
World of Warships is a free, historical, online combat game from Wargaming. Command a massive naval fleet featuring some of history’s most iconic war vessels, level up important tech modules and prepare to dominate the oceans in World of Warships.
With four classes of ships, myriad upgrades, and strategically designed environments, the action never ends and every match is a unique experience.
World of Warships brings players endless hours of strategy, tactical gameplay and pulse-pounding combat!