This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
You Always Need Pup-Peroni® When Breeding Dogs
I love to breed my shih tzus! I love helping mom while giving birth and watch as each of these little bodies grow. Then I talk to the possible new owners and decide which one they go to. Then if I am lucky I get pictures of them all grown up! Since mom has to go through so much I like to have Pup-Peroni® Dog Treats for her and yeah the dad gets them too.
Pup-Peroni has the perfect size that is brand new, Pup-Peroni Original Beef Flavor Minis Dog Treats! They are just the right size to even give the puppies after they have teeth and are almost ready to leave. I have to spoil them before they leave!
There is another new flavor of Pup-Peroni, Triple Steak Flavor, and mom and dad love those too. My husband has the dogs trained so when they come inside they sit in front of him to get their treat, the puppies learn this trick quickly!
While mom is pregnant and nursing she needs to be fed puppy food for the extra vitamins, so we can always give her these treats she loves them as an added snack. I love my dogs and would have 10 if I could but since I can’t, I have 2 and 2 babies for a little while.
When breeding dogs here are a few quick tips:
- Start mom on puppy food as soon as possible when pregnant – she needs extra calories during this time
- Best to have a box or a cage with lots of room for mom to deliver and for puppies as they grow – get this ready early so mom will become familiar with it and not deliver puppies behind the furniture or another hidden spot
- Do not let children pick up puppies for the first 2 – 3 weeks, for the puppies safety
- Get puppies checked over and first shots at 6 weeks
- Make for sure new owners will be good with this type of dog and give them information about puppies and pamphlets from vet about shots/worming
- Always send the puppies to their new home with some food and possible a toy or bed with mom/dad/sisters/brothers scent, this will help them the first few days at their new home.
We love to go shopping at Meijer. When we go I load my coupons with the mPerks digital coupon on Meijer website before I go so I do not have to worry about cutting and carrying coupons with me. When I went to get the Pup-Peroni they had a great coupon available saving me 15%. Meijer has a large assortment of items for our pets, but just look for the dog treats isle, they even have a tag on the shelf marked ‘new item’.
Remember pick up the new Pup-Peroni Triple Steak Flavor and/or Pup-Peroni Original Beef Flavor Minis Dog Treats at Meijer. Also don’t forget the mPerks digital coupon to save 15% to make your dogs happy today!